Cybersecurity Awareness Tips
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM), an annual effort to deter hackers and fraudsters while simultaneously arming the public with knowledge to protect themselves from attack.
At Allegiance, we are committed to keeping you, our customers, safe online by making security our top priority. We also want to encourage you to be vigilant in protecting all your personal information and recognizing phishing attempts. These tips will help you end NCSAM with confidence and a secure cyber-presence.
Secure Your Sign in
- Vary usernames and passwords and use two-factor authentication when possible.
- If you choose to keep a log of your usernames and passwords, be sure the log itself is kept in a secure place.
- Consider updating passwords for more sensitive accounts semi-regularly, even as often as each quarter.
- Enable two-factor or multi-factor authentication on any account that offers the feature.
Recognize Hackers and Fraudsters
- Beware of phishing emails. Allegiance Bank will never ask for personal information, usernames, or passwords in an email.
- Do not give or confirm any personal information, pin numbers, one-time codes, etc. to anyone who calls you.
- Thoroughly vet work from home jobs or opportunities that seem too good to be true. For example, those with high pay and very little actual work.
Extra Measures of Security
- Be conscious of what and when you share on social media. Consider sharing vacation photos after returning home.
- Secure your home internet connection with a password.
- Shop safe online with trusted and verified vendors.
Enter your name and email address to receive Allegiance Bank news in your inbox.
YOU MIGHT LIKE...
Owners of Cool Cow Creamery, brothers Patrick and James Henson believe the perfect recipe for ice cream is treating people the way they want to be treated, making people happy and having fun. Committed to helping small businesses achieve their dreams, Allegiance Bank is humbled to be part of the Cool Cow story.Learn More >
Independent Banker magazine, the award-winning monthly publication of the Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA), unveiled its annual…Learn More >